Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Rick's Dessert Diner

Rick's Dessert Diner 



I was born and raised in Sacramento California and have only recently discovered that there are a lot of cool places I have never visited right here in this city. This place is steadily expanding and building. With that, it looks like there are many great places to get something to eat out here.



A little over a week ago I visited a place called Rick's Dessert Diner on J st downtown and made another stop there a few days ago. This is a diner that solely sells dessert. Everything from cookies and pastries, to pies and cakes. The portions are a good size and so far I have visited twice and can attest to some of the dessert portions being extremely rich.


On my first visit I had Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. I am a huge fan of basic Chocolate Pudding Pie. Adding the bananas to it made it unbearably sweet, at least, for me. I enjoyed it to a degree. I'll most likely stick to plain ol' Banana Cream Pie.
If you like chocolate pudding and bananas you should give it a try. You may need a takeout box for some of it.



I really appreciated the atmosphere and set up of the joint. Old school diner style. You can find pictures of old celebrities on the wall and even a huge wall that looks nearly identical to the diner itself.



There are a tremendous amount of desserts to try out at Rick's. So, although my first visit was a bit overwhelming when it came to the dessert itself, but their customer service is very helpful and patient and that makes the visit overall pleasant.



I don't know if you who are reading this are in Sacramento, but if you find yourself out this way looking for some desserts after you've just finished your Pangea Burger, I totally recommend paying a visit to Rick's  Dessert Diner on J street.




No comments:

Post a Comment