Monday, May 26, 2014

Didodi Presents Cathy Jane "Music Runs In My Veins"


Didodi Presents
Cathy Jane: "Music Runs in My Veins" 






Please let me take this time to introduce you to my friend Cathy Jane. I would like you all to show her your warm welcome. Thank you, again, to Cathy Jane for coming and spending some time to do this. Remember to follow her on twitter as well as her facebook fanpage. -Didodi

Didodi: How's it goin', CJ? It's good to see ya. Very happy you could make it in for the interview. I just wanted to give our readers a chance to know you and possibly give your audience a chance to have a little insight about you. Let me ask, when did you know you wanted to make music and be a rockstar and what drove you to doing this?

CJ: Thanks for having me. I don't know if I'm a rockstar yet but I am definitely doing what I have to do to earn that title. When I was 4 years old I had a vision. I wanted to be somebody who could impact the world in a positive way. I remember sitting on Santa’s lap, asking him specifically for a black electric guitar. 2 years later, I received that very guitar that I had envisioned. At the age of 10, I picked up that guitar and have been composing songs ever since. I knew from that moment on, that music would be a part of me forever, and that I would never give it up.

Didodi: That's cool. I remember wanting to play drums but I never got the chance. It seems from a very early phase you've had a big place your heart for the guitar. Is that right?

CJ: As I got older, I continued writing music for the guitar and at the age of 16 I branched out to other instruments. It wasn’t just about playing guitar; it was about playing music as a whole. So I developed love not only for my main instrument, but for the piano and drums as well. Anything I could find that would allow me to elaborate on my compositions. As for singing, I never thought that I would be a singer, but after a while I found it necessary to accent my music with the most obvious instrument; my voice. 

Didodi: And it worked out well. 

CJ: I remember a few friends and I took a trip to Santa Barbara, and I did not own an acoustic guitar at that time, so I got my first acoustic/electric guitar so I could play it on the beach with my homeboys. Franny was my first acoustic guitar and I got her in 2011. Before Franny, I just played all electric guitar...Stella.





Didodi: Nice! You certainly rock out on them in your tunes. I love your melodies. You talk about some pretty hard hitting stuff but there's a bit of hope with a hint of rebelliousness. Where does that all stem from?

CJ: Approaching the year of my 21st birthday, I got lost in the world, and the sea of people. At the lowest point in my life, I turned to religion, and God took me under his wing. Events that would render the average person helpless only made me stronger, and I did not let these unfortunate events stand in my way. Instead, I used them as fuel for my music to spread my vision of wanting this world to be a better place. I hope that my music brings light to anyone that had to go through traumatizing experiences, or helps them gain clarity for what the next step in their lives ought to be. 

Didodi: What impact would you want most for your music to have on people who listen?

Cj: I want to help people understand that there is good out there, hidden underneath all of this negativity and fog. I want to teach whoever cares to listen; that there is always an upside to everything, and that there is always a way out. I want people to listen to what I have to say, those who listen I hope they gain a new positive perspective to their life, so we can make this world better one step at a time.





Didodi: I really like that, Cathy Jane. This is why everyone now knows you have full DidodiPrint support. I like the fact that you are being who you knew you were meant to be. It is difficult for so many to overcome the pressures of the world to conform and be like everyone else.

CJ: I think it is important to not inhibit yourself. Whether it's modeling, skateboarding, music, photography, art, rapping, school, or your job, represent what you do and give it 110%. Who is anyone to tell you that you cannot succeed in what you love. Life is really exciting when you are the one creating your world. People used to ask me what I wanted to be as I got older, and I always said I'm gonna be a rockstar. The truth is, is that "being a rockstar" to me, simply means, I'm going to do what I want to do, and be the best that I can be. Being a rockstar is a state of mind.

Didodi: That is a wonderful attitude to convey that can teach people to be strong when it's time to be. You are certainly putting your mind to it, Cathy Jane, and I can see it soon becoming a reality for you. What can we expect from you and where can we hear some of your music in the meantime?

CJ: Right now, I am keeping busy with my shows and working on studio recorded music. I plan to be meeting up with a few people that want to help me get recorded professionally so I can get my music to the people who need to hear it. There should definitely be a full album completed by early next year. In the meantime, you can find my tunes on my Facebook fan page, Sound Cloud and YouTube.

Didodi: Sure thing! Thank you so much for spending time here today, Cathy Jane, and going in on DidodiPrint. You are always invited back and best wishes on all parts of your career. Keep rockin'!




Click Cathy Jane and join her Facebook fan page now!
You can also follow her on Twitter @TheCathyJane


-Didodi


Follow Didodi @didodi_tweet 

Photos by Candice Roybal






No comments:

Post a Comment